Our technicians at Hellgate Plumbing are Navien Certified Installers that serve Missoula and the surrounding areas. What does this mean, and why is it important? The reasons are listed below:
- We are an independent third-party installer that has performed particular training provided by Navien
- It is preferred by Navien to only have certified Navien installers come to your home to install any Navien product
- By using a Navien certified installer, you are automatically included under Navien’s limited warranty
- If you purchased a Navien product online and/or had a licensed professional who isn’t certified, the limited warranty may not be applicable
Being a Navien Certified Installer, Hellgate Plumbing always recommends upgrading to a tankless water heating system provided by Navien. Here are some facts about Navien tankless water heaters:
• Navien tankless water heaters supply an endless amount of hot water, which means it continuously heats the water when you need it. They do not have a limited supply of hot water that runs out, unlike a standard tank water heater where you have to wait for it to refill and reheat. You can be taking a shower and bath at the same time you’re doing laundry or the dishes!
• They only use energy when you use hot water. Tank water heaters store hot water just in case you need it, but that is a very inefficient use of energy and it costs you more money. Tankless water heaters are extremely efficient, and they aren’t as harmful to the environment!
• Most on-demand water heaters can have a longer life expectancy compared to tank water heaters. A longer life could ultimately lead to a more affordable alternative!
• Tankless water heaters are hung on the wall, which can save you a great amount of space!
• Certain Navien tankless water heaters are equipped with ComfortFlow technology, which means it has an intelligent pre-heating function that helps determine your daily habits. If you take showers around the same time every day, the recirculation timer can help save water and money by making sure hot water is ready to go at that specific time!
At Hellgate Plumbing, we want our customers to take any steps necessary to keep their HVAC system running properly during the cold months. Here is a list of things you can do to help increase your HVAC life expectancy:
1. Purchase a better filter: There are new, high efficiency filters that have the capability of grabbing the smallest particles, including bacteria.
2. Replace the filter frequently (every few months): If the filter looks dark or clogged, you should change it. It is possible it needs to be changed more frequently if you have pets (monthly). Checking the filter every month would be an easy task to ensure a longer life span for your HVAC system.
3. Carbon monoxide detectors: Having these in your home is an extra step you should take to keep your family safe. If you get one of these detectors, make sure you change the batteries once every year.
4. Heat pump maintenance: In order to keep your heat pump well maintained, make sure there is at least 2 feet of clearance around the pump. Additionally, remove any debris (leaves, twigs, etc.) found on or around the heat pump, and make sure the unit is level on the ground.
5. HVAC system strains: To avoid unnecessary strain on your HVAC system, please do not close more than 20% of your home’s registers.
Happy Wednesday everyone!
This week at Hellgate Plumbing, we installed a new product for a Bradford White natural gas water heater. It is a Taco water sensor with a battery back-up, which has the ability to shut off your water heater or your home water system when it detects water leaking on the floor. This can be a very cost effective product to help prevent your home from flooding!