We have some exciting news to share with our valuable customers! We wanted to reveal this new product at the Missoula Home & Garden Show, but with the COVID-19 pandemic, it unfortunately cancelled the event. Therefore, we want to introduce the new Navien NFC fire-tube combination boiler and water heater unit!! These can put out 199,900 BTU’s of HEAT and HOT WATER. How amazing is this?! We’ve already installed 4 this year with more on the way!!
Call us today to learn more about these units and how they can benefit your home!
Hellgate Plumbing wants to update everyone regarding the recent COVID-19 situation, and we hope we will be providing some clarity during such an unknown time.
First, we want to make sure all of our customers and employees are staying safe during this difficult time! Safety and health are a number one priority in our eyes, and we want to encourage everyone to stay home as much as possible!
Yes, we are still open for business! However, we are taking extra precautionary measures to make sure safety and health are maintained. We are trying to focus on emergency situations only, and are delaying any non-emergency services until April 30th. The timelines will be updated based on what our government decides on a weekly basis. We do understand these appointments can be different for each customer, and we will do our best to accommodate those differences and needs!
In the event we do access a customer’s home, we have laid out some safety measures that will take place:
1) Hand-shakes will not be allowed.
2) Technician will wear gloves and shoe booties at all times.
2) At least 6 feet of distance between the employee and customer. The more isolated we can be during an appointment, the more beneficial it will be to our employees and the customers in the long run.
3) Work orders will need to be approved from the customer’s phone or other electronic device. No customer will be allowed to touch the employee’s tablet.
4) If paying by credit card, the customer will need to contact the office after the appointment as technician’s will not touch any customer credit card. Credit card fees will be waived in light of the situation.
These are just a handful of steps we are taking to respond to the COVID-19 situation. We want our customers and employees to always feel safe, and we hope these steps will help ensure that safety is in place.
Even with these procedures in place, we still want to highly emphasize that our customer service skills WILL NOT be cut short. We will still provide the best quality work and we will not let social distancing play into our ability to provide great customer service!!
Please continue to stay safe and healthy!!
Hellgate Plumbing is ready for the fall season, which means we are ready for you to call us for all of your hot water heater needs!
The average tank hot water heater life span is around 12 years old. If you believe your water heater has reached the end of its life, call us today to replace your old water heater with a new Bradford White, Rheem, or A.O Smith water heater. As a Bradford White dealer and Rheem dealer, our technicians will know the answers to all of your questions about these units, and they will know what unit will work best for your home!
Hellgate Plumbing can also repair water heaters, from pilot lights to water heater elements and gas valves.
Call us today if you have a water heater that needs to be fixed or replaced!
Yes, unfortunately the summer season will slowly start to go away and fall season will be approaching.
This can be the busiest time of the year for all plumbers in the area. Before our schedules get too full, call Hellgate Plumbing and Heating today if you have any of the following things you would like replaced:
- Water heaters
- Tankless Water Heaters
Our company only installs the best quality product for our customers. We have several options for customers wanting something with high efficiency ratings!
Call us today to get your quote now!!
Our technicians at Hellgate Plumbing and Heating recently replaced an A.O. Smith 75 gallon atmospheric vent water heater with a Rheem Marathon 85 gallon electric water heater. These large water heaters are capable of meeting hot water needs for those larger residential homes!
Call us today for a Rheem or A.O. Smith water heater replacement quote!
Hellgate Plumbing installs several water heaters every month. There are several occasions where our technicians are called out to repair a water heater, but end up replacing the unit altogether because they find other issues with the system.
Hellgate Plumbing has general tips and signs about your water heater needing repair or replacement:
• The water heater is over 10 years old
• The water heater is leaking
• Hot water runs out at a faster rate compared to previous years
• Water is discolored or has weird odor
• The water heater makes loud popping noises during the heating stage
• Water is luke warm instead of hot
• Hot water pressure is decreasing, very low
• Frequent fluctuations in water temperature (changing from luke warm, to very hot, to cold)
• Corrosion occurring near the bottom of the water heater
If you think your water heater is experiencing any of these issues listed above, call Hellgate Plumbing to help repair or replace your water heater today!
Even though a tank-styled water heater doesn’t need a mandatory cleaning every year (like a tankless water heater or boiler), there are still ways you can help keep a tank-styled water heater maintained. This cleaning guide can be used on tank-styled water heater brands such as AO Smith, Bradford White, and Rheem!
Sediment buildup in a tank-styled water heater can reduce your water heater’s energy efficiency and clog your water lines. To help alleviate these problems, and to help increase the life of the water heater, flush the tank every time you check the pressure relief valve.
Turn off the electricity to the water heater, or turn off the gas to extinguish the pilot light.
Connect a garden hose to the tank’s drain valve. Locate the draining end of the hose in an area that won’t be adversely affected by the scalding hot water. Gradually open the drain valve, and run for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
Close the tank drain valve, and disconnect the hose from the valve. Open each hot water spigot until all air is removed from the system.
Close each hot water spigot as water begins to flow from it. After all the spigots are closed, turn on the electricity to the water heater, or re-light the pilot light and reset the gas valve to the previous temperature setting.
Our technicians at Hellgate Plumbing are Navien Certified Installers that serve Missoula and the surrounding areas. What does this mean, and why is it important? The reasons are listed below:
- We are an independent third-party installer that has performed particular training provided by Navien
- It is preferred by Navien to only have certified Navien installers come to your home to install any Navien product
- By using a Navien certified installer, you are automatically included under Navien’s limited warranty
- If you purchased a Navien product online and/or had a licensed professional who isn’t certified, the limited warranty may not be applicable
Happy Wednesday everyone!
This week at Hellgate Plumbing, we installed a new product for a Bradford White natural gas water heater. It is a Taco water sensor with a battery back-up, which has the ability to shut off your water heater or your home water system when it detects water leaking on the floor. This can be a very cost effective product to help prevent your home from flooding!