Happy Friday everyone! We hope you have a wonderful and safe St. Patrick’s Day!
At Hellgate Plumbing, we think it is extremely important for our customers to get their furnaces, boilers, and tankless water heaters serviced on a yearly basis. This will help prolong the life of the unit, and could save you from any future problems.
This week, we cleaned a Weil McLain Ultra boiler! These particular boilers require a maintenance kit for your annual cleanings.
Call us today if you have a Weil McLain Ultra boiler that needs to be cleaned, or any other boiler, furnace, and tankless water heater!
This week, Hellgate Plumbing replaced this old, bulky Heil 60 MBH furnace with a brand new York Affinity 60 MBH furnace! We also installed a Honeywell Electric Air Cleaner! This filter is ideal for those who have severe allergies to certain air particles.
Call us today to learn about York furnaces and Honeywell Air Cleaners!
Hellgate Plumbing & Heating recently installed a Navien NPE-A high efficiency tankless water heater with a built-in buffer tank and re-circulation pump! Additionally, we installed a Navi-Link, which is a Wi-Fi remote control system that allows you to change the water temperature, turn the unit off, and monitor the system. All you need to do is download the Navi-Link app on your smartphone and you can control your water system anywhere in the world with Wi-Fi access!!
We also install Navien Hot Buttons! Hot Buttons are an awesome addition to your home. If you want your water to be hot before using the fixture, such as a bathtub or kitchen sink, press the button and the water will automatically warm the water up to that location before you turn the faucet on! You can install multiple Hot Buttons in your home, and it can save on water costs!
Call us today to learn more about Navien tankless water heaters, Navi-Links, and Navien Hot Buttons!
Even though a tank-styled water heater doesn’t need a mandatory cleaning every year (like a tankless water heater or boiler), there are still ways you can help keep a tank-styled water heater maintained. This cleaning guide can be used on tank-styled water heater brands such as AO Smith, Bradford White, and Rheem!
Sediment buildup in a tank-styled water heater can reduce your water heater’s energy efficiency and clog your water lines. To help alleviate these problems, and to help increase the life of the water heater, flush the tank every time you check the pressure relief valve.
Turn off the electricity to the water heater, or turn off the gas to extinguish the pilot light.
Connect a garden hose to the tank’s drain valve. Locate the draining end of the hose in an area that won’t be adversely affected by the scalding hot water. Gradually open the drain valve, and run for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
Close the tank drain valve, and disconnect the hose from the valve. Open each hot water spigot until all air is removed from the system.
Close each hot water spigot as water begins to flow from it. After all the spigots are closed, turn on the electricity to the water heater, or re-light the pilot light and reset the gas valve to the previous temperature setting.
Happy Wednesday everyone!
We think it is important for our customers to know that we are a Northwestern Energy Preferred Contractor, which means our customers have the opportunity to get energy rebates!! As long as you are a Northwestern Energy customer, you can sign up! The rebate amounts are valid until June 30th of this year.
If Hellgate Plumbing recently installed an efficient heating system in your home, call us today to see if you qualify for getting a Northwestern Energy rebate!
Our technicians at Hellgate Plumbing are Navien Certified Installers that serve Missoula and the surrounding areas. What does this mean, and why is it important? The reasons are listed below:
- We are an independent third-party installer that has performed particular training provided by Navien
- It is preferred by Navien to only have certified Navien installers come to your home to install any Navien product
- By using a Navien certified installer, you are automatically included under Navien’s limited warranty
- If you purchased a Navien product online and/or had a licensed professional who isn’t certified, the limited warranty may not be applicable
Being a Navien Certified Installer, Hellgate Plumbing always recommends upgrading to a tankless water heating system provided by Navien. Here are some facts about Navien tankless water heaters:
• Navien tankless water heaters supply an endless amount of hot water, which means it continuously heats the water when you need it. They do not have a limited supply of hot water that runs out, unlike a standard tank water heater where you have to wait for it to refill and reheat. You can be taking a shower and bath at the same time you’re doing laundry or the dishes!
• They only use energy when you use hot water. Tank water heaters store hot water just in case you need it, but that is a very inefficient use of energy and it costs you more money. Tankless water heaters are extremely efficient, and they aren’t as harmful to the environment!
• Most on-demand water heaters can have a longer life expectancy compared to tank water heaters. A longer life could ultimately lead to a more affordable alternative!
• Tankless water heaters are hung on the wall, which can save you a great amount of space!
• Certain Navien tankless water heaters are equipped with ComfortFlow technology, which means it has an intelligent pre-heating function that helps determine your daily habits. If you take showers around the same time every day, the recirculation timer can help save water and money by making sure hot water is ready to go at that specific time!
At Hellgate Plumbing, we want our customers to take any steps necessary to keep their HVAC system running properly during the cold months. Here is a list of things you can do to help increase your HVAC life expectancy:
1. Purchase a better filter: There are new, high efficiency filters that have the capability of grabbing the smallest particles, including bacteria.
2. Replace the filter frequently (every few months): If the filter looks dark or clogged, you should change it. It is possible it needs to be changed more frequently if you have pets (monthly). Checking the filter every month would be an easy task to ensure a longer life span for your HVAC system.
3. Carbon monoxide detectors: Having these in your home is an extra step you should take to keep your family safe. If you get one of these detectors, make sure you change the batteries once every year.
4. Heat pump maintenance: In order to keep your heat pump well maintained, make sure there is at least 2 feet of clearance around the pump. Additionally, remove any debris (leaves, twigs, etc.) found on or around the heat pump, and make sure the unit is level on the ground.
5. HVAC system strains: To avoid unnecessary strain on your HVAC system, please do not close more than 20% of your home’s registers.
Happy Wednesday everyone!
This week at Hellgate Plumbing, we installed a new product for a Bradford White natural gas water heater. It is a Taco water sensor with a battery back-up, which has the ability to shut off your water heater or your home water system when it detects water leaking on the floor. This can be a very cost effective product to help prevent your home from flooding!