Hellgate Plumbing strongly believes in extending the life of any furnace. We want to ensure each furnace unit is taken care of properly to ensure a longer life and better efficiency ratings.
One of the easiest ways to help extend your furnace life is by installing a Honeywell F100 or Honeywell F300 media air cleaner!
The Honeywell F100 media air cleaner is designed to catch up to 96% of airborne particles, including microscopic particles like dust and smoke, and larger contaminates like mold spores and pet dander. Not only are you distributing cleaner air in your home, but you are also preventing air particles from slowing down the furnace airflow, which helps maintain high efficiency levels. With a 4 inch thick filter, it will last up to 4x longer than a standard 1 inch filter. They are extremely easy to replace and has very low maintenance!
The Honeywell F300 media air cleaner is an electric filter designed to do everything the Honeywell F100 does, but it goes a step further by catching up to 99% of airborne particles. The electric component to this filter creates a charge, allowing the particles to stick to the filter like a magnet. With a three-stage filtration process, it will be almost impossible for any particle to get through your furnace. With a 4 inch thick filter, it will last up to 30x longer than a standard 1 inch filter!! That alone is an insane difference! They have very low maintenance, and instead of replacing a filter, you just need to wash them periodically (there are specific rules with washing these correctly. Please refer to a manual or call a professional).
Call Hellgate Plumbing today to receive a quote on a new Honeywell F100 or Honeywell F300 air cleaner!
At Hellgate Plumbing, we want our customers to take any steps necessary to keep their HVAC system running properly during the cold months. Here is a list of things you can do to help increase your HVAC life expectancy:
1. Purchase a better filter: There are new, high efficiency filters that have the capability of grabbing the smallest particles, including bacteria.
2. Replace the filter frequently (every few months): If the filter looks dark or clogged, you should change it. It is possible it needs to be changed more frequently if you have pets (monthly). Checking the filter every month would be an easy task to ensure a longer life span for your HVAC system.
3. Carbon monoxide detectors: Having these in your home is an extra step you should take to keep your family safe. If you get one of these detectors, make sure you change the batteries once every year.
4. Heat pump maintenance: In order to keep your heat pump well maintained, make sure there is at least 2 feet of clearance around the pump. Additionally, remove any debris (leaves, twigs, etc.) found on or around the heat pump, and make sure the unit is level on the ground.
5. HVAC system strains: To avoid unnecessary strain on your HVAC system, please do not close more than 20% of your home’s registers.